Epson ColorWorks C831 (GP-C831) Inkjet Label Printer
Epson’s ColorWorks C831 label printer is the first inkjet printer to receive BS5609 certification for printing high-quality, durable labels. Perfect for helping small businesses thrive, the industrial-strength C831 is capable of printing a large volume of labels and barcodes at fast speeds with a lower cost of ownership than competing thermal and laser printers. The ColorWorks printer works with a wide range of die cut media types and tags.
Designed to withstand regular commercial use, the ColorWorks C831 features a host of benefits, which include:
- Large-volume printing with speeds of up to 16.5 pages per minute and reliability up to 1.2 million labels printed.
- Dust and water resistance with support for up to 44 pounds of weight from the top.
- The ability to produce durable adhesive labels suited for GHS-compliant large format drums and chemicals using the Epson GP-C831 Chemical labels.
- High-density barcode printing with reduced jamming due to the printer's precise label feeding and automatic paper release.
- An 8-pin tractor feeder for improved printing accuracy.
- A maximum printable area of 8" (width) by 22" (length).
The product is also backed by Epson's comprehensive service and support programs. The ColorWorks C831 printer comes with an AC cord, CMYK ink cartridge set, a power switch cover, setup sheet and a manual, and it uses a Hi-Speed USB interface or Ethernet for network connectivity. The label maker has a print resolution of 720 dpi by 720 dpi.
The ColorWorks C831 works with a Epson pigment based inks, including Epson's DURABrite ink. DURABrite is a 4-color, pigment-based ink that firmly binds to the media for long-lasting photos and labels. Our Chemical Labels created using the ColorWorks C831 (TM-C831) and DURABrite inks are resistant to abrasions, smudging and fading even under harsh conditions, such as long-term exposure to salt water.
Using Epson's proprietary MicroPiezo inkjet technology, the C831 generates sharp, grain-free images with both color and black and white ink. The permanent print head is easy to maintain and clean and has been built to last for the life of the printer. The printer also features an intuitive control panel that simplifies the label creation process and offers easy access to auto paper loading, ink replacement and all other functions.
What is this warranty?
The Espon Spare-In-the-Air is an upgraded warranty program offered by Argon Technology that can be purchased with the Epson ColorWorks label printers. With this upgraded warranty you can get a replacement printer shipped to you within one business day should your Epson Colorworks printer have a hardware failure. This is upgraded from the standard depot service, and saves your business both money and hassle. Upgrade up to 3 years on your printer warranty.